Before a month, I have made a small analysis and redirect the subdomain to a newly born web page that has no page authority, no links and no history. The subdomain I redirected had some links from bookmarkings, blogs and an article. Let’s see how it worked for me!
I have targeted 2 medium competitive keywords for a subdomain http://manchester.yellowgrid.co.uk both of them reached on the page 2 within a month. After convincing the client for an experiment I made a 301 redirection from the subdomain to a page here http://www.yellowgrid.co.uk/manchester-support.html and result was awesome. Keywords did well in SERPs, 1 is on the first page (10th Position) and other was on the 2nd page with some rankings upward.
This is the result for Google.co.uk – the whole link juice passed to the new page without any difficulty and within 4 days I have got the rankings for the new page.
Please share your experiments with us in the comments
Today, I am going to cover the topic “Domain Migration Process”. Please do not confuse with the domain migration, it is not included website redesign, URL structure or CMS migration. It is just how to pass the entire value of old domain to new domain without loosing potential customers and organic traffic.
Domain migration gives long term benefits to SEO especially when the new domain is more SEO friendly (i.e. targeted keywords in the domain or geolocalization with a ccTLD).
@aleyda posted a checklist to maintain the track of SEO migration process that will help with planning, implementing, monitoring and deciding the process.
Click on the image for large view
BMCHosting.com offers ColdFusion, WordPress, Drupal, Mura, Joomla Web Hosting at an affordable price with FREE CMS installation and best server setup. We take pride in our exceptional customer care and look forward to assist your business ongoing
In 2009, it is predicted that the social media and mobile web browsing will increase. But sadly most of the companies still don’t have their mobile website maybe they are not aware with the loss of not making website for mobiles!
Website design is generally used for computer browsers that are not compatible with mobile devices. The main reason of creating mobile website is, it is a small screen device and not able to download large data quickly and sometimes it doesn’t show the whole website. So it is better to have quick website for mobile devices.
Here are some must have to design mobile website.
- Do not use hard-coat styles, prefer CSS
- Avoid using tables, it makes the code messy and file heavy.
- It would be better to use XML or XHTML with UTF-8 character encoding
- Design web‘s compatible with different screen sizes
- Click target should be a minimum 30 – 40px in size and use whitespaces in between elements.
- It would be better for your business and lead generation to use the most important information on the top of the pages i.e. so that users don’t have to browse the whole website to find the required details.
- Avoid using plugins or extensions, most of the browsers don’t support it.
- Put the main services on the website. Try to have low weight website.
- Do not use heavy graphics or background images. Try to have low weight simple websites it will make the best user experience as well.
- Combine smaller images, icons into one file and use CSS file to position them on the page.
- Typing text is a difficult task on mobile devices so avoid using text fields in the form and try to have radio button and lists it will ease the user to fill-up the form.
- Forms should require minimum amount of data so that user can easily remember the data for the next time they visit the website.
Let’s talk SEO, another great resource, make sure you site is running top notch, Google cares and good ratings help rankings.https://developers.google.com/
once the site is live, make sure it’s clean :0 http://validator.w3.org/
1st step is your web site designed with SEO reflected in the design? Let us help you get a new site design under 4 figures in cost. We’ll post more steps to come…